Sunday, November 10, 2013

More Progress







I received the certificate with distinction for Coursera Data Analysis Using R tonight. I know it shouldn't matter, but it does to me. I want to hold myself accountable and keep pressing with these courses.

Data Analysis has completed its second week. I'm in the midst of the first data analysis assignment. I have more work to do on it, but I think it's going well. I have a plan of attack that I'm following. I think the writeup portion plays to my strength. I'm slowly becoming more comfortable with R. I need to be reading more statistics books to figure out how to attack problems better.

Toastmasters is moving along, too. I finally completed the Competent Leader designation. I also finished the requirements for Advanced Communicator Silver designation. Just Gold to go, then two more leadership tracks to become a Distinguished Toastmaster. I don't know if I'll manage the leadership portion, but the speaking track is well within reach.

But wait - there's more.

I still have to master user interfaces with HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, and jQuery.

And now there's vert.x, the non-blocking IO framework for Java.

So much to learn, so little time.

profile for duffymo at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

No comments: